Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday, July 12

Oklahoma is hot; my yard is dry and crispy; it was my volunteer day, and I didn't have much time to shoot. Enough whining.....let's go look at what I managed to see:

_MG_4590
This is Lily. She is on strict crate rest for the next six or eight weeks. She
only gets out to go potty. 9:27 a.m.


_MG_4606
A spent Hosta flower. The heat is getting to every living thing. 11:00 a.m.


_MG_4613
Where I volunteer a few hours every week. I cut my hours short today
so I could get home and take Lily out. The medicine she's taking
makes her thirsty. She drinks a lot and, thus, has to go out frequently. 2:02 p.m.


_MG_4629
"American Patriot" statue, the likeness of Major William H. (Hank) Miesner, Jr.,
a graduate of Broken Arrow High School, who went on to serve in both the
Marine Corps and the United States Army. 4:09 p.m.


_MG_4633
A slice of the Broken Arrow Performing Arts Center. 4:15 p.m.


_MG_4640
Just a sample of the selection of chocolates at a cute little
chocolate shop in Broken Arrow. We stopped for chocolates,
of course, but also some wonderful coffee ice cream. 4:34 p.m.


Photobucket
The awesome bricks on the floor of the chocolate shop. 4:36 p.m.


Photobucket
The chocolate shop....cute little store. 4:50 p.m.


Photobucket
An old water fountain in the park. I tried pumping the foot
pedal, but nothing ever came out. 4:57 p.m.


Photobucket
Just a weed. 5:00 p.m.


Photobucket
Flowers on a Nandina. I've never seen a Nandina with flowers. 5:01 p.m.


Photobucket
Dinner at Memories of Japan. Yum! 6:51 p.m.


It would have been a nice night to go shoot at the river, but I needed to get home and tend to my wiener dog patient. See you next month.







6 comments:

TICKLEBEAR said...

you've failed to mention what's ailing Lily... but hoping she'll make a quick recovery...

i love the facade of the art center.

could you tell the owner should read "l'art DU chocolat". i should know, you know...

"just a weed"? it's no longer "just a weed" once you apply YOUR magic!!
:D~

and i love your dinner. i kept mine simpler last night: frozen pizza. couldn't face cooking during a heatwave. fortunately, we lack for no water here [yet]. hoping this will not be a concern for you over there.

well done, as usual!!
see you next month!!
:)~
HUGZ

Polt said...

Awwww, isn't Lily aDORable? :)

Looks like you have a good day!

HUGS...

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

What a pair of eyes, this Lily!
Hope she'll get well soon!

Your pictures are all so gorgeous! I feel like throwing my camera in the garbage! ;¬D

TJ said...

Great 12 of 12, I love all of the flower shots as usual but also really like the one with the bricks and the water fountain one. Thanks for sharing your day...

Mary Ellis said...

HEY! We shot together and had 24 (well, 25 - I cheated again) different shots!! Just beautiful, Sunny. Those nandina blossoms are so striking - so crisp and white and delicate. But it's hard to top Lily's gorgeous eyes. Eager to hear some good news about her....

Jill said...

Ahhh, Lily. I hope she's okay. Bed rest can be tough. Lots of snuggle time the next few weeks.

oh... and the chocolate. YUM