Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday, May 12

I had to come home from Costa Rica, so you get Riverside Drive in Tulsa this month. Not the same beauty as Costa Rica, but home is always good. The storms held off until late afternoon, so we had nice weather for our shoot. Come see what I saw:

Photobucket
We started our day at the intersection of Riverside Drive and 71st Street to see the bears - 10:17 a.m.


Photobucket
Graffiti under the old 11th Street Bridge, which is now closed to all traffic but preserved as a Route 66 historic site - 10:54 a.m.


Photobucket
Traffic stops for the geese crossing Riverside Drive - 11:09 a.m.


Photobucket
One of the beautiful sculptures along Riverside Drive with the 21st Street Bridge in the background - 11:18 a.m.


Photobucket
Looking across the Arkansas River from under the 21st Street Bridge - 11:38 a.m.


Photobucket
Just a duck. I think he must like the smell of honeysuckle - 11:57 a.m.


Photobucket
This was the second pink emergency vehicle I saw yesterday. The first was an ambulance - 11:58 a.m.


Photobucket
We stopped for a great lunch at the Blue Rose Cafe on Riverside Drive - 12:49 p.m.


Photobucket
My ever faithful shooting buddy, Mary, on the 31st Street pedestrian bridge, which is hung from the bottom of an old railroad bridge. 12:59 p.m.


Photobucket
Wind-blown spider web I spotted on the pedestrian bridge - 1:02 p.m.


Photobucket
Tulsa skyline from the 31st Street pedestrian bridge on a gray day - 1:07 p.m.


Photobucket
Interesting question - 1:19 p.m.


I hope you come back next month to see what's up in my world.


11 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome, as always. Always love to see things through your lens.

Mary Ellis said...

I ditto that, Lori - (And I shoot right beside her)

corky said...

Awesome, sister, really awesome. Welcome home!

Jill said...

Sunny, your shot under the 21st street bridge is amazing! Hands-down my favorite this month.

I also had a chance to catch up on previous 12's - your photos from Costa Rica look like postcards. Simply beautiful!

TICKLEBEAR said...

nicely done, once again!!
like Jill, that picture is also MY favorite. and the buffalo sculpture is amazing...
:)~
HUGZ

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

I liked the "intersting question"... interesting, indeed.

And I also liked the fountain with the bears.

I also enjoyed very much your pictures from Costa Rica.

But hey, your pictures are all so beautiful! ;¬)

Peggy Estes said...

really liked your shot under the 21st street bridge! and the "interesting question".

alec said...

the view under the bridge is one of your best

bellacantare said...

I agree with everyone. The 21st bridge shot is beautiful. Looks like it goes on forever. Great capture as well as lots of other fantastic shooting!

Leon said...

Looks like a nice place for lunch. I liked the shot under the bridge but is that the side of Mary she wanted you to shoot? My roses are going to need some warm days. Maybe I can go the rose garden in the park.

Dogeared said...

Shame about the polo match, but you made lemonade with the weather lemons! Lovely photos as always - I feel like I know your garden! And I agree, the bridge photo is great - nice to shoot with a friend!

Sorry it's so late, my comment - I only just got my May and June 12s up, but better late than never! ;-)