Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, March 12

Oh, my goodness! It was a gorgeous day in eastern Oklahoma. I met up with some friends around 9:00 this morning, and we took a little road trip. Hope you like what I saw along the way.

Photobucket
Natural Falls State Park - 11:18 a.m.


Photobucket
Little weeds at Natural Falls -
12:06 p.m.


Photobucket
What looks a lot like a Magnolia bud - 12:08 p.m.


Photobucket
Crocus
plural cro·cus·es, crocus or cro·ci
take your pick - 12:16 p.m.


Photobucket
A flower on the same tree that the bud picture came from.
Is it some sort of Magnolia? The center of the flower sure looks like one.
12:17 p.m.


Photobucket
After stopping in Kansas, Oklahoma, for some really good smoked brisket,
we passed this red garage or barn. I love red buildings - 1:22 p.m.


Photobucket
Idyllic pasture - 1:34 p.m.


Photobucket
Really old, broken down bridge over the Illinois river. Guess we
missed seeing the sign that says No Trespassing - 3:03 p.m.


Photobucket
Odd vine down near the river - 3:11 p.m.


Photobucket
The old bridge with a little Enfuse and Topaz Spicify treatment - 3:12 p.m.


Photobucket
Quite a unique headstone - 3:48 p.m.


Photobucket
Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground - 3:51 p.m.


That's all for this month. I hope your day was a beautiful as mine. See you next month in Costa Rica!

14 comments:

corky said...

You did it again.........really great pictures. I so liked the fallen angel.

alec said...

Awesome. The falls were beautiful.

Rainey Vivier said...

Looking at your wonderful photo trip with my morning coffee = a great wake up moment! You have such a good eye for composition. Congratulations again Sunny!

Brenda Whittle Smith said...

I wasn't happy about waking up at 4 a.m., but then I looked at your "12" and it made my day.
Keep traveling Sunny. You always have your friends with you, waiting for the results.

frl. wunderschoenbunt said...

great pictures, love the waterfall and the little red house, it looks like a movie set, so american :).

greetings from germany!

TICKLEBEAR said...

when even weeds look good to me, it should give you an idea just how much i yearn for a bit of warmth and greenery, and blue skies would be nice too...
thanx 4 sharing!!
it does the heart good, as usual!!
:)~
HUGZ

Peggy Estes said...

Great Sunny! Especially loved the old building and the waterfalls!

bellacantare said...

The falls shot is gorgeous. And I also love old, rural buildings. Red paint makes 'em even better!

kerri said...

Gorgeous pictures! The waterfall is just breathtaking.

Hibe said...

Very nice Sunny. Did you use a tripod for the waterfall? I'm thinking you stopped it down and bumped up the exposure time. Sorry for my post not being complete. I was having trouble uploading one picture and posted my link before it got too late. Finally got it finished. Off to bed now... long day tomorrow.

seifenmacherin said...

Great pictures. I love the Natural Falls at State Park.
Hope spring will be here in Austria soon. I want to feel sun on my skin!

Hibe said...

I was wondering if you used a filter for that waterfall pic. ...very nice.

Pete said...

Hey there Sunny your pics look amazing as always this month, that red building is just so...well red that is an amazing camera coupled with a very talented eye, thank you :)

I must confess I didn't do a 12 this month but because you asked, and Helen and Matt did as well I took some photos today, not very exciting but 10 of them!
http://www.petecullen.net/12-of-12/not-the-12-of-12-march/

Dogeared said...

I love crocuses - something so joyful about them, I think because they herald spring coming. I love the red barn too - you saw some beautiful things with great sunlight to show them off, what a lovely day out! Great photos to record the day :D

Sorry I’m so late commenting – not sure where the time went! My own 12 was up late, but close to the 12th. The comments are way late though!