Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday, January 12

Happy New Year! Thanks to Chad Darnell and McLinky, I get to start my fourth year of 12 of 12. I met my shooting buddies at Panera Bread in Broken Arrow. After a Cappuccino to warm up, we headed out into the 13 degree weather to take our pictures. It was a short shooting day but fun, as always.

Photobucket
Early morning light on the snow and ice in my back yard - 8:28 a.m.

Photobucket
Me and my shadow; actually, just my shadow - 8:30 a.m.

Photobucket
Last rose of winter - 8:32 a.m.

Photobucket
Chilly pansies - 10:59 a.m.

Photobucket
Arabesque - 11:11 a.m.

Photobucket
Same silly duck - 11:14 a.m.

Photobucket
Reflections - 11:17 a.m.

Photobucket
Pine tree and pine cones. I remember the dining room had wallpaper with pine needles and pine cones back when I was a tiny little girl - 11:18 a.m.

Photobucket
Nanking Cherries (?) at Bass Pro - 11:43 a.m.

Photobucket
Some sort of grass, also at Bass Pro - 11:51 a.m.

Photobucket
Frozen waterfall at the entrance to Stonewood Crossing - 1:14 p.m.

IMG_1048
All that remains of a pre-statehood farm in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The silos used to mark the distance to downtown Tulsa; it was a one-day ride by horse from the silos. Now, it's a ten minute drive - 1:43 p.m.

At that point, I'd had all the fun I was going to have out in the cold and headed home to cull through photos. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I saw today. I'll see you next month.








19 comments:

TJ said...

Once again a striking set 0f 12 of 12. I really love your photos. I hope some day to be able to take photos as nice as yours. I can't pick a favorite because they are all so nice. Thanks so much for sharing your day and see you around next month...

Lisa Donovan said...

You have such a unique view of such ordinary things from our everyday life... Keep enjoying it Sunny!

corky said...

Hey, sis.....I really intended to do a 12 of 12 but spent the day friving back home from Georgia (had to go earn some money.)
Your pictures are great. I remember that wallpaper. It was in the dining room I think. I remember the living room was knotty pine.

Sunny Archibald said...

Not a good excuse, Cork......I've done 12s many times while traveling. :-)

Peggy Estes said...

another great set of 12 Sunny! I really like the farm buildings!

seifenmacherin said...

Happy 2011 to you!
I love pictures like me and my shadow, great. Thanks for this great impressions!

Ursl

Joni said...

Sunny - Happy New Year to you and yours. What a great set of 12. The sky looks amazing in those last couple of shots. I really love your work.

Pete said...

Hi there Sunny, as ever absolutely beautiful photos and I particularly like the silly duck :)

Thanks for the lovely comment on my 12, and you are quite right that is a Mac keyboard. I'm PC all the way at work, but at home we have two iMac's and a MacBook Pro as well as assorted iPads, iPods, etc. I much prefer to have Mac equipment for the leisure computing.

We will try our best to get some out and about shots for next months weekend edition :)

Cookie Queen said...

Thank you for your comment :-)

I'm really impressed by your pictures, thanks for sharing!

Mary Ellis said...

Sunny, you're pictures have such character! What can I say? I love them all - the way you caught the sun making golden patches on the icy snow, the last rose of winter (loved it's ancestors in the vase in November), and of course the silly "goose" doing arabesque on the pond! But wait - I can't leave out those silos (and the memory of the security guard.....). I look forward to our shoots each month, and thanks to a VERY good friend, I'll be able to post them on my very own blog.

beth said...

Wow, Sunny! These are GREAT!!!!! I love the duck doing ballet! :P

Thanks for your comment on mine! As a matter of fact, I'm doing the NYC Half Marathon on March 20. Then there will be a little break in distance races until Labor Day weekend when I'll do the Disneyland Half, and then a month later the Wine and Dine Half at Disney World. And next January...the Disney World FULL marathon!! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellacantare said...

Yep, I love the duck, too. You thought dance, I thought yoga. Standing Bow Pose to be exact. LOL. Great 12 and thanks for the comment :-)

BU said...

I love the duck. Those poor flowers look so sad though!

J J said...

Arabesque .... Love that visual connection! Great photos and love the historical touch with the silos as well.

Motivators Chaninging Lifestyles Together said...

Love your pics.... I should join you all sometime... You girls inspire creativity of the photography eye....

TICKLEBEAR said...

love them all as usual, but the pansies and those grass, i'm in awe. nice to see i'm not the only one that froze his butt off to do this on the 12th....

nice show!!
happy new year BTW!!
:)~
HUGZ

alec said...

Thanks again. We are in Sarasota. See your house every day.

Jill said...

What a beautiful morning... this was another month where I couldn't pick a favorite, all were stunning. Okay, maybe the cherries were my favorite. Maybe the waterfall... oh, I don't know! :)

Thanks! Happy New Year!

TJ said...

Once again as usual I'm having a hard time picking my favourites. However, if I was forced to do just that then I would have to say, the first one. the two with the struggling if not dead flowers, the arabesque duck, the pine cones, the red berries and the last one. Hmm, that's almost all of them. Oh well, what can I say, just done't make choose the best of the best. i'll have a melt down or something. Thanks as always for sharing your day and I look forward to seeing next months.