Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday, November 12

There was an 80% chance of rain today...not the forecast I hope for on a 12 of 12 day. However, I was out and about for six 6 hours and only had major rain for an hour or so. Life is good. Life is very good.
IMG_0296
It's almost the middle of November. I'm in Oklahoma, not Florida or Georgia. My cheap little rose bushes that I paid Aldi $4.49 each for last spring are still blooming profusely. Bizarre - 9:03 a.m.

IMG_0317
I was headed to Jenks when I saw this beautiful tree in Jackson Park in Broken Arrow - 10:03 a.m.

IMG_0332
Sculptures at the entrance to Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks - 10:25 a.m.

IMG_0346
Self explanatory, but check out the pretty trees across the river (actually the river bottom, since there's not much water in the Arkansas River in Tulsa unless the dam is generating) - 10:38 a.m.

IMG_0351
Beautiful light shining on the Citiplex Towers (formerly the City of Faith Medical and Research Center) on the campus of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa - 11:41 a.m.


IMG_0360
My friend Mary working on her 12 of 12 shots at the Riverwalk - 11:44 a.m.

IMG_0363
A little bit of river, a little bit of river bottom, a little bit of forest, and a little bit of sky, looking from Jenks toward Tulsa - 11:45 a.m.

IMG_0367
This reflection really caught my eye...I'm loving the fall colors - 11:51 a.m.

IMG_0372
The Jenks Pony Bridge, which used to be a railroad bridge but has been converted to a walking bridge. I've used a picture of this bridge in a previous 12 of 12 but from a different angle - 11:55 a.m.

IMG_0377
Water fountain at the entrance to the bridge. I love that there are levels for adults, little kids and dogs - 12:00 p.m.

IMG_0383
This started out being a picture of light fixtures lined up on the walking bridge until I saw the bird. Rules are made to be broken; some pictures are made to be cropped - 12:05 p.m.

IMG_0433
The rains came, so we headed to Target on an errand, went back to have lunch at the Riverwalk and then went to Southwood Nursery in Tulsa to look around and stay dry. This awesome porch furniture is made of recycled plastic - 3:15 p.m.

That's all she wrote for this month. The rain brought in cooler weather, so I imagine my roses will be withering on the vine by morning. We'll see. Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you next month.

13 comments:

alec said...

the last picture is awesome.

MamaBear said...

Beautiful work, Sunny!

corky said...

You done it again, sis. Truly great pictures.

Jill said...

It must have been the perfect day for "reflecting" - we got a number of shots like this today, too.

Thanks for sharing yours. :)

Hibe said...

Sorry it's been a while since I posted, but I've been real busy through the whole summer. Love the roses. You always manage to find the most colorful subjects, like that furniture.

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, as always truly beautiful photos especially the recycled furniture it's so bright and beautiful.

I'm glad you weren't bored by my photos, many thanks. All migranes packed up and gone for the season now hopefully :)

See you next time!

seifenmacherin said...

Awesome Pictures. I like the reflection of the bridge.

BU said...

I like how you worked in various reflections this month! My favourite is probably the bridge pic.

TICKLEBEAR said...

a girl after my heart: ROSES!!!
i love roses.
:)~
you did splendidly well [as usual] with your reflections pics. love them all.
and when even plastic patio furniture can look pretty, well...

good job!!
see you next month!!
:)~
HUGZ

lovesmukiwa said...

i absolutely LOVE the color of that tree! The red's of fall are my favorite.

Martini Dan said...

I love the photo of the tree in Jackson Park and the 3 tier water fountain for everyone to drink was cool. Maybe not the best weather but still great 12 of 12 photos Sunny!

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

I LOVE all of your pictures!
Very beautiful!

;¬)

Dogeared said...

I think photo 2 is my favourite, as the leaf colours are so vibrant! And I love the colourful furniture too - even better that it's recycled!

Sorry I'm late commenting - I wanted to wait until I'd got my own 12 of 12 up.

Helen
(http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com/2010/11/12-of-12-v50-november.html)