Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday, October 12

After a long, hot summer, fall is finally upon us here in Oklahoma, and the weather couldn't be any nicer. Today was absolutely gorgeous.......sunny, with a light breeze and temperature in the mid-70's. I left home thinking of color - fall color, and I got it. I also got some pretty funny pictures of horses taken with my wide angle lens, which is something I've been wanting to try. Hope you like what I saw.

Photobucket
A yellow and orange pumpkin, warty pumpkins and blue and green pumpkins - 11:11 a.m.



Photobucket
Bird on a pumpkin - 11:15 a.m.


Photobucket
Bizarre looking gourds - 11:29 a.m.


Photobucket
Pretty little morning glories - 12:03 p.m.


Photobucket
Pretty hill showing some trees starting to turn - 12:22 p.m.


Photobucket
Just a weed - 12:23 p.m.


Photobucket
Hello!! - 12:35 p.m.

Photobucket
My, what a big head you have - 12:50 p.m.



Photobucket
Friends - 12:55 p.m.


Photobucket
The grass truly is greener and more plentiful on the other side - 1:00 p.m.


Photobucket
Turtles on a tree - 1:23 p.m.


Photobucket
Marigold showing its finest fall colors - 1:27 p.m.


Photobucket
A bonus picture of a Monarch butterfly, because I didn't want to leave it out - 1:31 p.m.

I hope you enjoyed my fall excursion to Bixby. I know I did. See you next month.






9 comments:

alec said...

Hi Sunny, You are doing a great journey. I am enjoying the fruits of your discovery.

Peggy Estes said...

great as usual! love the fall colors. Cute shot of the horses! Thanks for sharing with us.

TJ said...

Lovely as usual. I love all the pictures ogf the pimpkins/gourds. The clours are fantastic. Thanks as always for sharing your day.

TJ said...

Oh, I meant pumpkins and colours... :-)

corky said...

Great shots, really liked the two "kissee, kissee" horses.

TICKLEBEAR said...

as ever, original, well composed and delightful. that bird on the pumpkin is too cute. and i certainly had a giggle especially with that first horse pic, great shot!!
see you next month!!
HUGZ

seifenmacherin said...

I love your fall pictures. The colours are grate. Also the shots of the horses are special.

See you!

Jill said...

I always love the vibrant colors that come with your photos. So beautiful!

The caption for the "Hello!" horse is perfect! :)

Dogeared said...

I think the Hellooooo! photo made me giggle the most, and the friends one was so sweet. And you can really see how far that horse has nibbled past the fence, can't you? Plus how much he's pushing on the wire.

Sorry for the late comment – I also posted my 12 of 12 late, doh!

Helen (Dogeared)