Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday, August 12

It was supposed to be hotter than blazes in Tulsa today, so I met my shooting buddies Mary and Jeanne early at Starbucks in Utica Square. Utica Square is a charming place to start the day. Not only was it supposed to be hot, it was hot and is still hot (102 degrees at 6:30 p.m. central time) Our plan was to spot things to shoot, jump out of the car, take our shots and get back in quickly. We weren't 100% successful in keeping cool, but we did our best. Here's a brief look at some of what I saw today.

IMG_7619
A statue I had never noticed before - 10:00 a.m.


IMG_7635
Someone will know what sort of plant this is, but I don't - 10:15 a.m.


Photobucket
YELLOW ONE! 10:36 A.M.


Photobucket
Mural at White Owl Pub on Cherry Street - 10:51 a.m.


Photobucket
Kilkenny's Irish Pub, also on Cherry Street - 11:09 a.m.


Photobucket
Fly on a flower - 11:46 a.m.


Photobucket
Sculpture outside First Presbyterian Church preschool area (I think) - 12:09 p.m.


Photobucket
Pretty red doors at Trinity Episcopal Church - 12:09 p.m.


Photobucket
Ya think they hit a water main? 12:36 p.m.


Photobucket
Afternoon nap in the shade - 12:49 p.m.


Photobucket
We had lunch at Billy's, and it was good - 2:00 p.m.


Photobucket
I wonder who he's waiting for - 2:05 p.m.


That's all for this month. Stay cool if you can. See you in September.


16 comments:

linoue said...

Bonjour Sunny, well you have done it again. I looked at your photos and went: "WOW" each time I scrolled. I must have used the word amazing before, so this time let me say: AAMMAAZZIINNGG. You can take a photo of anything and make it come alive. I adore the last pic (the man waiting), I love colors and it's just GREAT!. Thank you again for sharing your talent and your vision.
A BIG fan

TJ said...

As usual some great photos this month. I don't even know where to start. You definitely have an eye for the camera and that is not easy to come by. Some people can learn it and others just have it and no matter how hard those that try to learn they will never be as good as those that just naturally have it, and I believe you naturally have it. So which ones do I really like, well they would be No's. 1. 2, 4, 6 and 7. The others are good but they others are just better. Anyway, thanks for sharing and I look forward to next month's photos.

corky said...

Sis, one more month that you have "outdid" yourself. Once again, I'm letting folks down. I really planned on doing a 12 of 12, but it "just ain't happening."

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures Sunny. Wish Daddy would find the time to do some.

Rainey Vivier said...

You know Sunny, Tulsa is darn lucky to have you there! You make that city look fabulous. What an amazing eye and sense of composition you have! Keep it up.
Love, Rainey

TICKLEBEAR said...

love the scultures and plant material. if someone manages to kake a fly look good, must mean said person has a gift. but for me, this month, it is the kilkenny pub that appeals to me most, between the texture of the bricks and the wood work, the color scheme, i find this a great pic.
great set of picutres, as expected. you set the bar high for the rest of us poor mortals...
;)~
HUGZ

alec said...

Great pictures. Tell me more about statue.

Jill said...

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny... another month of amazing photos. You are truly gifted.

THANK YOU for sharing!

BU said...

I feel like your pictures get a little more vibrant each month... or maybe it's just a colourful town!

Elaine said...

Sunny, it has been such a pleasure watching your photography skills grow. It looks like you are very happy and are where you need to be.
Elaine Ryan
Sarasota FL

Eliane Zimmermann said...

wow, your pics are breathtaking again, I love the one with the leaf and also the statue, which is so impressive.

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

I am flabbergasted!! So many colors and beautiful pictures. Bravo!

I am tempted to say the the man on the last picture is waiting for the firemen...
;¬D

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, sorry bit late getting back with the comments this month. As always gorgeous photos, I especially like the colours on the Irish pub door shot. Thanks for risking the heat for us :)

lovesmukiwa said...

Wow thats a lot of water shooting up into the air! Love the photos :)

Dogeared said...

What unusual statues - and the mural. I love seeing new, quirky things :D

Sorry I'm late commenting - my own 12 only went up on the 16th, due to visiting friends! [doh]

Scooter said...

What an AMAZING summer series! You are a brilliant artist. Thanks for sharing your visions with us!