Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday, June 12

My shooting buddy Mary and I went on a little road trip today to the Stroud Food & Wine Festival. Stroud is a small town just about midway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City on Route 66. Here's a bit of what I saw.

IMG_5816
Bikers (there were lots of bikers) - 12:34 p.m.


IMG_5820
Fried catfish and red beans and rice made by Chef Lanney of
Lake Charles, Louisiana - 12:56 p.m.


IMG_5829
Layla - a sweet girl that sat next to me while I ate lunch - 1:19 p.m.


IMG_5832
Nice doorway in a little courtyard - 1:21 p.m.


IMG_5835
Two very bored little boys - 1:28 p.m.


IMG_5847
More of Chef Lanney's offerings - 1:47 p.m.


IMG_5854
The inside of a very sweet Chevy Bel Air - 1:51 p.m.


IMG_5860
A 1928 Ford with actual license plate from 1928 - 1:54 p.m.


IMG_5880
Chenin Blanc grapes at the Stable Ridge Vineyard - 2:10 p.m.


IMG_5902
A really cute building in Bristow, Oklahoma, along Route 66 - 3:23 p.m.


IMG_5920
Brown-eyed Susans along the road between Bristow and Kellyville on Route 66 - 3:47 p.m.


IMG_5934
Old water tower alongside a railroad track between Bristow and Kellyville
on Route 66 - 3:58 p.m.


I would have needed to post way too many pictures to show all the wines we tasted, the sweet little Stable Ridge Vineyard and other sites along Route 66 between Stroud and Tulsa. Another trip, maybe.





15 comments:

alec said...

It is a pleasure to go on your journey with you.

TICKLEBEAR said...

how cool is it to travel "route 66"?!?!!!!!! quite pittoresque!! a lovely set, as usual, and i love the cars...and LAYLA!!!
:D~
HUGZ

corky said...

Loved Layla and really enjoyed that you shared your trip with us.

Cathy Quinn said...

I always enjoy your pics. In my opinion 'someday' is already here!

Matt said...

I LOVE your pictures!! Every single one. Layla is a favorite, and Chef Lanney. Red beans and rice sound great right now. :)

Beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing them!

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, as always beautiful photos of course. I love the reddy/pink building on Route 66 and sweet Layla.

Jill said...

What a fantastic trip... the bikers, puppies, and FOOD! That first shot of the beans is fantastic. You have an excellent eye for composition, Sunny - thanks for sharing!

seifenmacherin said...

I realy like the doorway #4 and Chevy #7!

See you next month!

Ursl

myriam kemper said...

Thank your for this wonderful pictures - I like them all :-)

Lovely greetings from
myriam.

Eliane Zimmermann said...

so artistic, so beautiful pic! i love the doorway and especially the chevy in my favorite color! cheers from eire!

raindogthoughts said...

Great pics this month; the red beans and rice made me hungry!

cmorgenstern said...

I have always wanted to go on a trip on route 66 - you were there and brought back wonderful pictures. How I would have loved to be there with you. Greetings from Germany
Christa

BU said...

I like the texture on that doorway -- it almost looks like an artsy Photoshop filter!

TJ said...

Brilliant 12 of 12 photos. I lIke so many I don't know where to start. The red beans and rice/catfish made my mouth water and yearn for good ol' fashioned southern cooking like when I grew up in New Orleans. The picture of the boxer dog is great. My brother-in- law has two of them and they are just gorgeous. Then there's the two kids sitting on the kerb (that's how we spell it in australia) is so innocent and priceless, and then there's the grapevine and the red house. Aw, who am I kidding I love them all. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see next months.

Dogeared said...

I'd have loved sharing my lunch with Layla, what a gorgeous dog! And mmm, red beans and rice sound delicious right now - I've had rice with kidney beans before, which I think is the same thing, though I was in a Caribbean cafe.

What a great idea for a 12 of 12 though, to visit a food festival with your photo buddy. Here's to next month!

(I was horrendously late putting my 12 of 12 up, but they are now. I held off on commenting so that people knew when I left a comment, my own was up – the only way I could think of to let people know when I posted! http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com/2010/06/12-of-12-v50-june.html)