Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday, January 12

It was a strange day for pictures. I usually have something in mind that I want to show you, but it was gray and gloomy when I woke up this morning, and I just never got my act together to go somewhere special. Instead, I took random shots as I went about my day.

_MG_8990
Beginning of a mushroom and asparagus omelet - 10:07 a.m.

_MG_9004
I bought this really neat sock yarn, but I don't know
how to knit socks. So, I'm slowly knitting a sock yarn scarf - 12:06 p.m.

_MG_9005
"Freeze Dried" Gerbera Daisy - 12:07 p.m.

_MG_9007
Books to return to the library - 12:30 p.m.

_MG_9022
Pond and gazebo at entrance to my subdivision - 12:42 p.m.

_MG_9034
Remember Lester, the well traveled dog? He has a new
"sister." Her name is Maggie, and she's a wire-haired fox terrier - 1:10 p.m.

_MG_9038
Pony Truss bridge over the Arkansas River in Jenks, Oklahoma - 1:49 p.m.

_MG_9041
Headed to the grocery store in Jenks- 1:54 p.m.

_MG_9042
Quaint, downtown Jenks - 2:27 p.m.

_MG_9047
The Jenks Lighthouse - 2:30 p.m.

_MG_9056
Broken but colorful birdhouse in the woods behind my house - 3:01 p.m.

_MG_9059
Also in the woods behind my house - I love how
it's branches look against the sky - 3:03 p.m.

That's all, folks. Stay warm.



18 comments:

janice said...

SunBun - Thanks for the pixs. It keeps me informed as to what you're doing and thinking. Look forward to seeing you next month. Luv, Janice

Jill said...

Sunny,
First, Maggie is SO SO SO SOOOOO cute! She looks like a ton of fun, too. Can't wait to see more pictures of her in coming months.
Also, I love what you're doing with the sock yarn. I just got some "hand me down" yarn and was thinking about making a scarf with it... when in doubt, make a scarf. Right?

Happy New Year!
- Jill

Anonymous said...

As always--your pics are wonderful--thanks for sharing. xox/et

alec said...

Hi, good to be with you through your pictures. Have a great time with John and Jan.

Lori said...

You have such a great idea! Pics are fabulous, as are you.

Matt said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TICKLEBEAR said...

thank goodness you had nothing in mind!!!...
a lovely set!!
love the daisy and the new dog. and lightouse. nice location, it seems.
see you next month, sunny!!
BTW: happy new year!!
HUGZ

wunderschoenbunt said...

gerat pics, thanks for sharing. i love it to take a look in other countrys...

BU said...

I agree, Maggie is very cute!

Pete said...

I have to join the Maggie Admirers Club, she is so sweet Sunny.

As always beautiful pictures and downtown does look very quaint.

Bec said...

Maggie is so cute!!
That sock yarn is really lovely! You're braver than I am to make a scarf from sock yarn! My favorite book for sock-making is 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan Oakes (I think that's the author anyway).

Anonymous said...

Sunny, thanks for the photo's They beautiful and very insightful. They show that you are savoring each day....the town of Jenks' looks very welcoming.

The dogs size, caused me to reflect back 40 years ago....I'm not sure 'Lester' could compete with 'Timmy' when he was pulling those logs, in his mouth, up from the water to the shore, as he did every day in Bermuda!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

ha, I am currently knitting a scarf of sock yarn !!!! i love those coloured yarns but don't dare to try socks!!! cheers from ireland, next month from vienna eliane

Chris said...

Wow, look at the snow up in Oklahoma! All we're getting is rain. Lots and lots of rain.

I had a friend who said everything she knitted turned into a scarf. "Why?" I asked. "Because I can't figure out how to join the sides together and make it into a sweater or something more useful!" she said.

At least you'll never be cold :)

Nice 12, as always!

Dogeared said...

Maggie is so adorable! How'd you get anything done with her (and Lester) to cuddle? ;-) Thanks for the little tour around Jenks - cool sounding name too :D

Sorry I’m late – crazy week! (all day work event on 13th, working and packing on 14th, moving flats on 15th, cleaning and unpacking on 16th…). I meant to put a note on my 12 of 12 so anyone visiting would know they’ll get a comment just very late, but forgot!

Martini Dan said...

I'm really late leaving comments this month, sorry. You're photos look great. You'll have to show us what your sock yarn scarf looks like when it's all done.

corky said...

Hey, sis...great pics and love the community of Jenks.

Maggie is a sweetie.....

Was out of town on business closing the books for the guy who still pays my pay-check so failed to get my 12 of 12 in. I'll do better in the future.