Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday, December 12

I'm back in Mountain Home this weekend for three Christmas parties. My twelve pictures today were all taken at the home of my good friends Chris and Estella Tullgren, who hosted an open house this afternoon. Much of our morning was spent preparing for the party. I hope you enjoy what I saw.

_MG_8396
Father Christmas in the foyer - 7:59 a.m.

_MG_8404
Vodka, Limoncello and nutritional supplements - 8:53 a.m.

_MG_8406
Cookies that Lori Walker and I decorated for the party - 9:03 a.m.

_MG_8409
Just a little portion of the pantry that I covet - 9:21 a.m.

_MG_8416
Nutcrackers - 9:28 a.m.

_MG_8418
Carolers - 9:31 a.m.

_MG_8422
Pretty berries - 9:35 a.m.

_MG_8428
"Presents" under the tree - 9:43 a.m.

_MG_8436
This green ornament caught my eye - 9:47 a.m.

_MG_8438
Father Christmas down on the floor in front of the tree - 9:50 a.m.

_MG_8456
Pretty, pretty pomegranate - 10:25 a.m.

_MG_8461
Chef Nutcracker and friend - 10:42 a.m.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the decorations (and the pantry). Wonder what we made with the contents of that trash? It was a Citrus Champagne Punch made with loads of fresh lemon juice, sugar, a bit of sweet vermouth, Limoncello, Vodka and, of course, Champagne. Don't even ask about the nutritional supplements.....just know that I didn't take them. See you next month.


13 comments:

Peggy Estes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy Estes said...

Sunny, good as always. It was great to see you tonight. Have a great holiday and safe drive back home.

Eliane Zimmermann said...

i can only see parts of your lovely pics due to our slow line but what i can see looks gorgeous. happy christmas! eliane from sunny ireland

Pete said...

Lovely photos as always Sunny. Interesting you say Father Christmas like some of the UK still does and not Santa Claus. I always prefer the former.

That is one heck of a pantry too!

Chris said...

As always, your photos are awesome and really capture the spirit of the holiday.

Whose pantry is that? And will they come over and rearrange mine??

Merry Christmas!

BU said...

Sounds like a festive party! I hope all of the vodka didn't end up in the punch!

Dogeared said...

I love the pantry, and those cookie are the best decorated I've seen! Makes me want to make some now ;-)

corky said...

Great pictures, Sis. Glad you were able to get back to MH for a few days at the Holidays. I was concerned that you may have to change your plans when I saw the weather out that way.

Merry Christmas

TICKLEBEAR said...

i love your decos, but mainly:
where do i place my order for those cookies??????????
and if you look for a part time job as a bartender, you're hired!!!
anything with vodka works for me and my friends...
:)~
happy holidays!!
HUGZ_from the friendly canuck
(quebecker, actually...)
:D~

Anonymous said...

You are a really good photographer!!! What a great eye. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Love, Diana

Bec said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous 12 of 12- every time I thought I had a "favorite", the next picture came along and made me want another favorite! Love this Christmassy 12 of 12...the ornaments, the nutcrackers, the wreath above Father Christmas, the lit up gifts...and of course......that pantry!!!!

alec said...

Hi,

Great pictures again. It is great you could spend this time with wonderful friends.

KC said...

Those cookies look yummy!

Thanks for the comment on my page! Yes, I think I can download my bank account info from the website into Quicken but there was some reason I didn't do it...can't remember exactly why.

Happy Holidays!