Monday, October 12, 2009

October '09

It's a gray, misty day, and I didn't plan anything wonderful to show you today....no trips to the park, the zoo, a museum. I will take you along on a trip to a nursery, though.

IMG_3878
Woke up to a reflection of my gardenia plant in rainwater - 9:34 a.m.


IMG_3883
Oatmeal with almonds and dried cherries for breakfast - 10:50 a.m.


IMG_3886
Heading into Southwood Landscape & Nursery - 12:07 p.m.


IMG_3907
Pansies ignoring me - 12:28 p.m.


IMG_3908
Raindrops on grass - 12:30 p.m.


IMG_3911
I eventually chose 5 Flame Creeper Azaleas - 12:32 p.m.


IMG_3913
This pot and the grass were just outside the azalea area. I wish they were at my house, instead - 12:32 p.m.


IMG_3921
Nice fall display at the nursery - 12:46 p.m.


IMG_3923
What a sweet "face" - 12:48 p.m.


IMG_3924
These mums were on sale for $4.99 each - 12:49 p.m.


IMG_3947
The birds have found my feeder - 2:20 p.m.


IMG_3965
Catching up on recorded show on TV (gave myself permission to do this....it's OK, I'm retired) - 3:42 p.m.

See you next month.


18 comments:

TJ said...

Beautiful photos this month and especially liked the fall display. Thanks for sharing and take care...

TuxBaby said...

Gorgeous photos from the gardens!! I love the rain on the grass...

I love your cute oatmeal bowl, too! :-)

Thanks for sharing a peek into your day!

Peggy Estes said...

Love the fall colors!

alec said...

Hi, great as usual. I hear we might see you in Fl. We hope so!

TICKLEBEAR said...

hey you!!
nice photos. love the grass, & the pumpkins, & i'm glad you & the pansies were on speaking terms by the end of the day.
see you next month!!
HUGZ

Eliane Zimmermann said...

wow, really beautiful photos, they make make wish to go to our local garden center right now! maybe i will go for some azaleas as well as i want to have one corner of our propertiy look like an japanese garden, i already have 11 rhododendrons (still baby size). the grass with the raindrops is so gorgeous! can't rain be artistic????

Cookie Queen said...

wow, gorgeous pictures, thank you!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your trip to the nursery with us! I love you comment about the pansies - it's true, they're SO uppity! :)

You have a great eye; beautiful shots. See you next month.

Bec said...

Gorgeous photos from the nursery! Now that's what I call autumn!

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, as always gorgeous photos which is a given :) I particularly like the birds on the bird feeder.

Dogeared said...

That fall display is gorgeous - it reminds me of one I saw in Atlanta last autumn, and I envy you guys getting pumpkin displays now! It looks like a great trip to the nursery, and I'm glad the flowers were friendly at the end ;-)

Nick said...

Great pics from the nursey; thanks for sharing your day.

Regina said...

I love the pansies and your cereal bowl ... thanks for sharing!

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

Wow! Superbe et magnifique!

In other words, I really enjoyed your photos!

And I also like the look of your blog. The background, the header et the way you're framing your pictures. Very nice.

Hibe said...

Always love your photos sunny. Maybe it's the perspective, but it looks more like almonds and cherries with oatmeal than oatmeal with almonds and cherries. Love the gourd display and the Violas. I can't help but think of Rusty's perennial struggle with the squirrels when I saw your birdfeeder. LOL

Have a great month and get ready to shoot some great fall color for the next 12

Jenn. said...

So many colours this month! A nursery is a great choice for a 12.

And is that Numb3rs in the last frame? I've just discovered it, so I'm kind of working my way through the older seasons.

Jenepel

Denise Olson said...

oh, I just love seeing these!!! the bird feeder is a framer!!!! gorgeous!!!

Scooter said...

Your posts are always amazing. But this was among your best. I loved the photo of the grass on the pot. Stunning.