Saturday, September 12, 2009

September '09

Busy day today...up early to mow and edge, trip to the hardware store, soccer game and then a visit to the Philbrook Museum with two of my grandkids. The Philbrook is a wonderful place. We spent the majority of our time on the gorgeous grounds. I can't wait to go back.


Photobucket
Lunch on the way to the soccer game - 11:00 A.M.


Photobucket
Meet Lester, the well-traveled dog - 1:24 p.m.


Photobucket
Sculpture at the Philbrook - 2:47 p.m.


Photobucket
The first of the flowers - 2:50 p.m.


Photobucket
Koi (or goldfish) in the pond - 2:55 p.m.


Photobucket
Love the colors - 3:00 p.m.


Photobucket
Couldn't resist snapping this sweet couple - 3:06 p.m.


Photobucket
One more of the pond - 3:06 p.m.


Photobucket
This sculpture reminds me of a feather - 3:25 p.m.


Photobucket
Art in the park - 3:30 p.m.


Photobucket
Last flower picture of the day (and a butterfly) - 3:47 p.m.


Photobucket
Joy of the Waters, a bronze by Harriet Whitney Frishmuth - 3:53 p.m.

"Learning something new everyday is what life is really all about." Thomas Arthur Manhart - July 16, 1937 - November 17, 2000





17 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love the park pictures. Very nice and the flower with the butterfly is beautiful

Renee Whiting said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! The photos are all beautiful!

Allison said...

Awww! I know exactly where that Freddy's is! Although I've only had their custard a time or two, I went to Union High School right near there. :) I'm glad to see you had a nice time at the Philbrook, Sunny!

peggy said...

Picture are good and it looks like a great park!

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, I love the pond photos. Well all of the photos, lovely as always. Frozen custard and Steakburgers are not words I would ever expect to see put together :)

Vicki Knitorious said...

Terrific! Great photos. Love those sculptures.

kimi kreations said...

All the images are wonderful.
I love how the last statue had two shadows. =)

Denise Olson said...

Sunny...wonderful photos!!! I too like the sculptures!!!

Matt said...

Gorgeous park pictures!!

Is it bad that I'm in love with that first picture so much? :)

corky said...

Once again, really great pictures. Who does "the well traveled dog" belong to?

Jill said...

Great shots! I love the flowers.. and the couple by the lake... and the statues. :)
Thanks for sharing your 12-of-12!

Lori said...

These are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. You have a great eye.

Hibe said...

Nice 12 Sunny. Not sure if I like the sculpture or the tree behind it more. Together they make a great photo. Always enjoy your macros. ...and the other sculpture ...it's a naked woman. Need I say more? ;)

How's the new local treating you?

Scooter said...

Your 12 of 12s are always incredible...but this month's entry was nothing short of STUNNING. What incredible photos. Especially love the koi.

TICKLEBEAR said...

hi! found you via scooter. i must say my curiosity was well rewarded. you have a knack for capturing beautiful moments. i'll be seeing you next month then.
:)~

Lipp said...

Awesome '12!

Dogeared said...

Lester the Well Travelled Dog looks very regal there! The park looks a beautiful place to visit, as your photos show!

Hope you're enjoying the new area, and finding great things to enjoy!

Sorry I’m late in replying! I only got my own 12 of 12 up on Thursday!

Helen (Dogeared)