Thursday, August 13, 2009

August '09

A couple of firsts today: first time using my new Shootsac, a gift from my friends and former co-workers at Yelcot Telephone Co.; first 12 of 12 in Oklahoma, my new home state! If you've got a DSLR and more than one lens, you should definitely have a Shootsac....so much more comfortable to carry than a regular camera bag (this has been an unsolicited and unpaid endorsement). Now, on to my day.

Photobucket
Breakfast on the back porch - 8:43 a.m.

Photobucket
On the way - 11:06 a.m.

Photobucket
To the zoo - 11:22 a.m.

Photobucket
Neat lion sculpture - 11:27 a.m.

Photobucket
Pretty butterfly - 11:36 a.m.

Photobucket
Paige and I thought maybe a frog lived in the pot with the water lily - 12:00 p.m.

Photobucket
Waxy Monkey Frog - 12:12 p.m.

Photobucket
Zoo train - 12:28 p.m.

Photobucket
Flowers, lots of flowers - 1:05 p.m.

Photobucket
Dumbest looking sheep I've ever seen, but the keeper said it's smart - 2:02 p.m.

Photobucket
Very odd-shaped Red Kangaroo - 2:15 p.m.

Photobucket
Stinky Caribbean Flamingos - 2:40 p.m.

It was a beautiful day at the zoo, and it was hard to limit myself to 12 pictures. I know I'll go back again....maybe on a 12 day. See you next month.


14 comments:

BU said...

That kangaroo looks like it's seen better days. Hope you're enjoying OK!

corky said...

Very nice, sister. Yep, flamingos are "stinky," but so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love the Picture Sunny, miss you in Arkansas. Hope things are going great

Margaret B

Denise Olson said...

everytime I visit your 12 of 12, I see so many improvements!!! Just love the Kangaroo shot!!!!

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, I'm pleased to see the move to Oaklahoma hasn't made your pictures any less fantastic.

We particularly like the butterfly, and the dopey sheep :D

alec said...

Sunny, as always quite good. But.. may I say that the first with what look like bagels is excellent.

thank you

Leslie said...

Okay, add me back to the 12of12 notification list...I am feeling left out -- I had to remember on my own! Great pictures...glad the shootsac is working for you!

Peggy Estes said...

great shots Sunny. Hope you're enjoying your new home!

Dogeared said...

It looks a very happy sheep though! And I love the frog shot - awesome!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing your day at the zoo! That kangaroo looks almost human the way it's laying in its arms like that LOL!! I enjoyed them all/1

Hibe said...

Nice 12 Sunny. I was expecting to see a few more animals though. Love the butterfly. Hope you're settling okay.

I did put something in my freezer... sugar free pops. They're pretty good too.

~Sheryl said...

Beautiful, as always. I love the frog shot!!

Thanks for sharing.
~Sheryl
www.crap-o-rama.com

Dogeared said...

I missed the bit where you mentioned the Shootsac. It's funny - I read the Blog of the lady who makes them (Jessica Claire)!

http://www.jessicaclaire.net/

Eliane Zimmermann said...

I am late, I know, very late indeed. our slow internet provider makes it difficult to watch pages full of photographs. are yours are GORGEOUS, really. I like the sheep that doesn't look like a sheep (our neighbor has sheep they look way different), I think it's a camel! your photos improved a lot over the last months!