Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May '09

I'm playing with a new toy this month, and I came about it in a serendipitous way. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned on Facebook that I wanted to get a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens. A friend who rarely gets on Facebook happened to be on that day and saw my post. He let me know that he just happened to have the lens I was coveting and was thinking of selling it. Imagine that! We made a deal within an hour, and it was delivered within a week! I love it already and don't really know how to use it yet. Here's what I saw with it today.


Photobucket
Early morning light - 6:55 a.m.



Photobucket
After a brief rain shower - 6:59 a.m.



Photobucket
I'm loving the light beams - 7:24 a.m.



Yes, I'm a sucker, and bought one of those hanging tomato growing things - 7:33 a.m


Photobucket
The old house across the street from work has been condemned and is being dismantled, piece by piece. You can see that the porch deck has already been removed and the supports are hanging in mid-air.

8:01 a.m.


Photobucket
One of the piers supporting the old house - 10:51 a.m.



Photobucket

Tommy somebody and his helper; he's salvaging what he can - 1:05 p.m.


Photobucket
I'll miss all the photo ops this house provided - 1:06 p.m.



Photobucket
Notice what's supporting the roof - 2:15 p.m.



Photobucket
Sage flowers in my herb garden - 5:18 p.m.



Photobucket
One of my favorite roses, mainly because it never fails to bloom - 5:19 p.m.



Photobucket
Clematis bud just starting to open - 5:21 p.m.



Photobucket
Bonus picture, just because they're such pretty flowers - 5:22 p.m.


See you next month!

19 comments:

corky said...

You are a good photographer, let there be no doubt.

Joni said...

These are all just amazing. really enjoyed your 12 of 12.

alec said...

This has been my favorite Well done.

pinkcamojeep said...

Love your photos ...
my favorite, by far, is the first.
Thanks for sharing on 12 of 12
-karen

Chris said...

Those are wonderful! Maybe I need to get me one of those lenses ... (*strokes chin*)

Pete said...

That lens really makes a difference Sunny, the pictures look absolutely stunning.

Lauren said...

What a stunning 12 of 12!!! Puts mine to shame. :) Good work!

Gauzzel said...

I must seriously step up my 12 of 12 game. Your photos are nice!

TJ said...

All great photos but I think I like the first one best. Thanks for sharing...

bibliofool said...

Great pics!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

brilliant photographs, congratulations! I love the grasses, gorgeous. thank you for visiting my 12 impressions, I have so many better photographs but was too tired to download them from my camera, three full days of talking about aromatherapy and plants is fun but tiring. today we were in a famous garden and smelled so many enormous rhododendrons, 12 from today would have been better! cheers from ireland eliane

~Sheryl said...

Great shots!!! I've just been scanning the web for one of those lenses too (not that I can swing it just now). Your shots are making it hard not to keep looking. Also? it looks like you have the lens mastered. Thanks for sharing.

Zippy said...

What gorgeous photography!!!

Hibe said...

I see you put that macro lens to good use with the clematis. I'm looking for a good macro lens myself. I was considering finding an older 35-70mm 2.8, but i'm having fun right now with my tele-zoom and I always have my 17-35mm for my macros.

Great 12 Sunny... of course I always expect to see only the best from you.

BU said...

I like the look of the 1:05 pm pic -- it almost looks post-processed!

Scooter said...

So I just spent the last 10 minutes mesmerized by your amazing photos. Your 12 of 12s are always great...but these were brilliant!!

The sunlight coming through the clouds was breathtaking!

Keep us informed how your Topsy Turvey tomato thing does.

Martini Dan said...

Great photos. I love the first light of day one. I'm not a morning person but that photos makes me want to take a little more time in the AM to enjoy the day.

Dogeared said...

"And I just want a million dollars!" [Chandler]

Sorry, couldn't resist the Friends quote, after the tale of how you got the lens!

Some really great photos, I think my favourite is the second one, the purple flower - it's beautiful, and you'll no doubt get many more, with the new lens! Enjoy it :D

Dogeared said...

"And I just want a million dollars!" [Chandler]

Sorry, couldn't resist the Friends quote, after the tale of how you got the lens!

Some really great photos, I think my favourite is the second one, the purple flower - it's beautiful, and you'll no doubt get many more, with the new lens! Enjoy it :D