Sunday, April 12, 2009

This joyous Easter Sunday turned out to be rainy and dreary. I had to make the six hour drive from Oklahoma City to Mountain Home this afternoon in that rainy, dreary weather. Some of these shots were taken from inside the car while driving down the interstate........maybe I shouldn't admit that, huh?


Feeding the beast - 1:25 p.m.


Really? - 1:26 p.m.


Heading home on I-44 - 1:47 p.m.


Terrible wildfires hit Oklahoma last Thursday; this was taken
near Wellston - 1:51 p.m.


Power lines all in a row - 3:14 p.m.


Nasty pollution near Chouteau, Oklahoma - 3:25 p.m.


Dogwoods along the side of the road - 3:38 p.m.


Saying goodbye to Oklahoma - 4:06 p.m.


Cool old barn with a Holga preset
from Presets Heaven - 4:53 p.m.



This barn has seen better days - 5:13 p.m.


My wisteria blooms opened while I was away - 7:03 p.m.


Clematis buds (hurry up, flowers) - 7:04 p.m.

However you spent your day, I hope you found happiness in it. See you next month.

13 comments:

Allison said...

Fun! I'm from Oklahoma! Hope you had a great trip.

corky said...

Good job, Sis. Did you find your new home?

Sunny Archibald said...

Nope, but I know the areas I want to concentrate looking for a house. S & K found an awesome house.

Pete said...

Alright Sunny, you win again this month! Hope the home search goes well :)

Lisa B said...

Gosh that sounds like a looong drive! The wisteria are beautiful and I very much like your choice of shot for the Holga preset.

BU said...

I'm not sure I want to know what's in the non-100% gas. Sorry you had to spend the day driving!

alec said...

Good pictures Sunny,

Dogeared said...

I really like the dogwoods! Must have been cheery and bright to see on a long drive back through grey and rainy weather! Great effect on the photo.

Now I'm curious about the non-100% gas...!

shelley said...

The 100% gas cracked me up!!

Isn't the 50mm 1.4 so much fun to shoot with?!? :)

Chris said...

The 100% gas is cute. I see you guys got all the bad weather that veered north of us at the last minute :(

Allison said...

I grew up in Tulsa/Broken Arrow, went to college in Stillwater. I'm headed back to Tulsa this weekend for my little sister's wedding!

Hibe said...

Hi Sunny,

Love the wisteria. We're still waiting for the weather to break here. It's been a cold spring so far. Finally getting into the 70's on Saturday. Can't wait to see your clematis in bloom... maybe next month.

Scooter said...

Wow, what a beautiful post! Gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing it with us. It made me smile.