Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm playing with a new lens this month, a Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM, and I'm loving it. I received it Monday, and it hasn't been off my camera since I put it on immediately after opening the box. Did I say I'm loving it?


Feeding time at the zoo - 7:26 a.m.


A tulip tree at the branch library, taken on my way to work - 7:57 a.m.


Closeup of blooms on the tulip tree - 7:58 a.m.


I'm pretty sure this is phlox. It's at the library, too - 7:59 a.m.


A casualty of the ice storm we had in late January - 8:02 a.m.


Forsythia (oops, I'm late) - 8:05 a.m.


All the snow that missed us - lucky us - 9:04 a.m.


Flowers at the old house (loving the lens) - 11:04 a.m.


Still at the old house - 11:05 a.m.


Love the textures here - 11:08 a.m.


My wisteria, loaded with buds - 12:53 p.m.


Holly outside the back door at work - 1:02 p.m.

I hope this little bit of early spring brightened your day. See you next month.


14 comments:

corky said...

Well done, sister. I was wondering if you were going to take "Spring is Sprung" pictures, also. Bet we'll see a lot of them this month.

violetdaisy said...

OMG!! These pics are GREAT! :)

Thanks for visiting mine! Um...it depends on what all is out and my money situation in terms of plays. It's been over 8 and only 1. I'm random. :) I saw around 80 or so last year (though some were repeat viewings).

Next month... Will be pretty much all next to normal. Legit!

alec said...

thanks again.

Your perspective is you and fun.

alec

Lisa B said...

Nice new lens (I can see why it hasn't been off the camera) and lovely to see pictures of spring!

Chris said...

Oh, wow. I love all the texture photos. Darn it, I want a do-over!

Elle said...

Aww, why did spring arrive at yours already and why didn't it here in Germany? Nice pictures. I'm really looking forward to see the tree in front of my window start to get colourful. It always has pink petals :D

TJ said...

Some really great pictures thanks for sharing.

Matt said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm loving all the flowering trees. The first one (with the pink and white flowers) looks like a magnolia.

Very nice 12 of 12. :)

Dogeared said...

I can see why you love the new lens and haven't taken it off! I keep meaning to look for a new lens, but know nothing about the different specs! And yep - another Canon girl here, good to see someone else is too! You got some excellent photos, it's lovely to see Spring has sprung in your photos!

Scooter said...

What great photos...I love springtime photos. It's hope that something warm is coming! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Martini Dan said...

Wow! What great photos, I love them all!

lovesmukiwa said...

Springtime makes me jealous. Beautiful texture photos.

Jess said...

beautiful pictures. question though. Isn't the lens supposed to be 1.4?

Denise Olson said...

great job Sunny!! loving the flowers!!