Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It was a gray morning....one of those days when it's hard to get out of bed. Since it's a work day, I had to scrounge around for picture opportunities. I'm shooting Manual now, thanks to an online beginner's course in digital photography. Thanks, Candice Stringham, for a great class!!

View out my back door - 7:11 a.m.


Peace Rose bud - 7:47 a.m.


Watercolor Print of Cotter Bridge by Roger King - 10:31 a.m.


My new Vera Bradley Hipster bag - LOVE the colors - 12:08 p.m.


Donnie's Boots - 2:55 p.m.


Donnie's Back - 2:56 p.m.


Seed pods on a tree [it had salmon pink flowers earlier] - 3:05 p.m.


Broken stem on a yew - 3:09 p.m.


Baxter County Heritage Museum - 3:09 p.m.


Candy [can you tell I'm hard up for pictures today?] - 4:48 p.m.


Clematis is still blooming - 5:09 p.m.


Sassy - 5:13 p.m.

8 comments:

Martini Dan said...

Great photos! I love the b&w! Sassy is gorgeous! My cat's name is Sassy :-)

catie said...

The b&w is beautiful. Like the opening of a great drama!

Hibe said...

Yeah, I can tell... so was I that's why I used Graffi's Comic Style action on most of my photo's. I wanted to do something different and interesting.

I liked the clematis the best. the rose is nice too, but I can identify with the muddy boots the most... :)

Hibe said...

Hey... I didn't see you post your link this month. ???

Hibe said...

Never mind... I see the link, but not in the comments. Chad must have deleted a few.

Lisa B said...

Very nice B&W shot!

Dogeared said...

Awww, Sassy's a cutie! And I know what you mean about grey and blah weather - my answer is nearly always black and white. Look at Ansel Adams for stunning black and white landscapes (http://www.anseladams.com/, or this is the book I have: http://www.amazon.com/Ansel-Adams-400-Photographs/dp/0316117722/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219267080&sr=8-1).

But the photos are looking good - you're obviously improving with the new camera!

Denise Olson said...

I like your 12 of 12 photos. Keep up the beautiful work!!! Can't wait to see Sept. 12th's preview!!!