Saturday, July 12, 2008

I have a project to do today with the theme "The View From Here." I decided that would also be the theme of my 12 of 12, so here's My View From Here. Be kind, as I just got a Canon Rebel XSI DSLR and am desperately trying to learn how to use it. On top of that, I also shot all these photos in RAW and had to blunder my way through processing them. I hope you enjoy the view.



Peace Rose in my back yard - 9:00 a.m.


A barn. I love old barns - 9:28 a.m.


Along the White River - 10:03 a.m.


Fog on the White River at Rim Shoals - 10:04 a.m.


Me getting wet from the wake of a
passing boat - 10:07 a.m.


Wild flowers planted along the edge of the road - 10:22 a.m.


Brown-eyed Susans and an old fence - 10:33 a.m.


Did I say I love old barns? - 10:39 a.m.


An old barn, an old shed and a tiny glimpse
of a rock tornado shelter - 10:43 a.m.


Bluff along the White River at Buffalo City - 10:56 a.m.


The White River is beautiful - 10:57 a.m.


A hay shed - 11:15 a.m.

13 comments:

beth said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Hibe said...

Love the pics Sunny. I like old barns too. Haven't seen a peace rose in quite a while. I think it was named so because it was patented just after the end of WWII, but not sure about that.

Pete said...

Hi Sunny, great pictures and good job as you have only just got your new camera!

Cecilie said...

Gorgeous pictures. Love the hay barn - and I see why you take pics of the old barns; they are cool!

Matt said...

I've never been to that part of the country - it's beautiful!

Peace roses were my Mom's favorite - I have one growing in my yard now, too.

Great pictures!

Chris said...

Lovely photos! I'd love to go wander around and take photos in the Hill Country, but it's just too hot down here in Texas right now. Sigh ...

Dogeared said...

Yay for a new camera! And welcome to the dSLR club ;-) It's lovely to see around Arkansas :-) Have fun practising with your new camera, that's half the fun, doing the "Ooh what's this button do?" thing :D

You always seem to finish your 12s so early in the day - like a super condensed version of your day ;-)

Dogeared said...

Oh! I totally forgot before (honestly, brain like a sieve right now, coughed up all my last brain cells)... I don't know if these sites will be any use to you, I bookmarked them a while back. I'm not sure what you're wanting to work on photography-wise, but maybe there's something helpful here?

http://weeklyphototips.blogspot.com/
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
http://www.geofflawrence.com/photography_tutorial_lighting.htm
http://photo.net/learn/

I know there are a bunch available online, but these seemed interesting enough for me to bookmark (even if I've never since had the time to properly study and try out their tutorials). Maybe there's something for you in there, if not then no worries!

Allison said...

Wow! These photos are all so gorgeous! The old barns and fences are so peaceful and the river, like you say, is really beautiful, especially with that bluff.

lulamaegirl said...

That peace rose is so pretty. Nice 12 of 12.

Martini Dan said...

What great photos!

Zippy said...

Great 12, Sunny!! If those are your first pics with a new camera, I wonder how incredible they will be after a month or two!

Paksen said...

Those are beautiful pictures!

Paksen in Denver